Everledger is a permanent, global, digital ledger that tracks and protects diamonds, fine art and other valuable items on their lifetime journey. Using the technology database network behind Bitcoin, Everledger provides traders, insurance companies, financiers, consumers, claimants and law enforcers with an immutable history of an item’s authenticity, existence and ownership.
Founded in April 2015 by Australian entrepreneur Leanne Kemp, Everledger is a leader in the real world application of blockchain technology. They develop and deploy innovative technological solutions to markets where provenance matters by creating an immutable digital footprint of an item. Once items are registered on the blockchain, the records are permanent and can’t be changed which provides a clear audit trail to be used by multiple parties throughout the supply chain to prove authenticity and reduce the risk of fraud.
Since April 2015 they have developed relationships with major partners in the global diamond industry and digitally certified over 980,000 diamonds.
For Everledger, diamonds are just the beginning. Their technology can be extended to any item of value including luxury goods and art work.
Awards and Honours:
– Winner Open Talent Competition: BBVA Europe 2015
– Winner Innovation in FinTech: Meffy Award 2015
– Winner Best in Show: FinTech Finals 2016
– Winner Best Blockchain Company: European Financial Technology Awards 2016
– Nominee: FT ArcelorMittal Boldness in Business Awards 2016
– Fintech 50 2016 List: 50 businesses transforming financial services in Europe
– 37 Coolest Startup CEOs in UK Tech: Business Insider