The Scotcoin Project will:
- Distribute Scotcoin to the people of Scotland.
- Inform Scotland’s people about their new digital currency.
- Educate the public, businesses and agencies about Scotcoin, crypto-currency and blockchain technologies.
- Ensure Scotcoin is widely accepted in all areas of commerce and society in Scotland.
- Incentivise and stimulate local trading initiatives.
- Keep wealth locally and grow the Scottish economy.
- Provide technical support for users and merchants.
- Lead marketing initiatives for businesses who accept Scotcoin.
- Build a network of businesses who will trade amongst themselves in Scotcoin.
- Encourage and support local business startups.
- Advocate for social enterprise and environmental causes.
- Support local social, feeding, housing and caring initiatives.
- Lead and encourage debate on building a stronger, cohesive and more equitable economy in Scotland.
- Champion personal privacy and strong encryption.
The Scotcoin Project will achieve these objectives through educational and promotional initiatives throughout Scotland and beyond.
Everyone attending a presentation by the Scotcoin Project will be shown how to get started with Scotcoin and have their share of Scotcoin deposited.
The Scotcoin project is a not for profit organisation. We raise funds through sponsorship, merchandise sales and donations.